off the top of my head, i'd say we could skip the localization part for
Locale.ENGLISH (and the like), as it's the default language in YUI.

couple of YUI releases, we switched to using the YUILoader to
dynamically load the needed .js files. and now that you've mentioned it,
it may not be an ideal solution anyway, since we have to reuse the same
YUILoader instance for all components (only datepickers in this case) on
a page for the dependency resolution to work.

maybe we should switch back to how it was before (good old header
contributions).

any thoughts?

  gerolf