On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Erik van Oosten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Jörn,
>
>  -- Ids
>  This one of the exceptions in just taking existing HTML. Our designers
>  also use jquery and solved the problem by using classes. Something like:
>  class="idCommentForm". For jquery it doesn't matter much, and by
>  including "id" in the class name the intend is still clear.

While you are right that it is just as easy to jQuery to select
classes, its not a real replacement. When performance matters, the
difference between #id and .id can be quite huge.

Richard's suggestion to use setMarkupId works for me, thanks Richard.

>  -- Wicket tags
>  This is all time high FAQ :)  Do
>  getMarkupSettings().setStripWicketTags(true) in the init() of your
>  application class. (I still wonder why it is not the default.)

That works perfect, thanks.

I prefer a rendering that is the same in both development and
deployment - if my clientside script relies on development-only
markup, my deployed application would behave quite differently.

>  -- Url handling
>  There is a lot to say on this topic (and a lot has been said). Its best
>  to search the lists and ask again with more specific questions. Mounting
>  bookmarkable pages could indeed alleviate your problem. Mounting is
>  typically done in the init() method of your application.

Ok, I'll give mounting a try and see how far I can get.

Thanks
Jörn