You can change tag attributes by overriding the onComponentTag() method, at
least that is what I do when modifying any class or other attribute. (you
should get the attribute from the tag parameter, and then set it there as
well)

I'm not sure where you should add that for the thead builder, but if you
find it, then you'll get it done. You may also use IBehaviours, like
SimpleAttributeModifier.

Or as Igor well said, use your own markup (you could see the default markup
inside the jar, and simply add the attribute you want)

Rgds,
Christian