On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 3:51 AM, James Carman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  By the way, I can create a patch for this stuff if you like.  I guess
>  the decision needs to be made about where the "registry"
>  (Map<Class,IRuntimeExceptionHandler) needs to go.  Does it belong in
>  IRequestCycleSettings or IExceptionSettings?

i think you should hold off on the patch until you have settled down
on how you want to do this

> And, do you want me to
>  apply it to my already existing code which splits up Settings into
>  multiple default implementations (which you guys said we should hold
>  off on for 1.4.x)?

we havent decided if we are going to apply that patch or not, just
that we cant even start thinking about it until 1.4. i would say its
safer to create a patch off standard trunk.

>  Perhaps there could be logic in there that checks to see if the
>  requested Page object which caused the RuntimeException implements
>  IRuntimeExceptionHandler also.  That way, an individual page could
>  override the "global" behavior if they wish.  Just a thought.

that might make sense. but you have to realize that Page is a pretty
coarse scope for something like this. a lot of applications consist of
few pages that only act as containers for panels that are swapped in
and out, so i can have an application that is made up of one page and
everything else is madeup of panels that i swap in and out in that
main container page...

-igor