Thought I would post back my solution to this problem in case anyone else
needed to do this one day.

I found that I could use the wicket call urlFor to solve my problem.

So I can get the url for the page I want to link to in javascript and then
simply pass that url to the javascript and set it in my link. here is my
code.

PageParameters parameters = new PageParameters();
parameters.put("targetId", targetId);
String url = urlFor(MyPage.class, parameters).toString();
form.add(new AttributeModifier("onsubmit", true, new Model("return
MyJSFunction('"+url+"')")));

This works prefect for what I am wanting to do.

Thanks