you could do it that way.  another way to do it would be to create a link
panel.  you could then subclass and decorate the panel in various ways.

i do it this way so i can leverage my application with panel factories.
this can be quite powerful: i simply override a factory method or install a
new factory and all of a sudden every link on the site can have a new look
or even new behavior.