I am not sure what do you mean by component generated by columns. I make the
treeTable like following:

PropertyRenderableColumn col2 = new PropertyRenderableColumn(m,
"description", "userObject.description");
PropertyTreeColumn col1 = new PropertyTreeColumn(l, "title",
"userObject.title");
columns = new IColumn[] {col1 , col2};
tree = new TreeTable("treeTable", makeDummyTreeModel(), columns);

Columns does not have escapemodelstrings method. I tried
PropertyRenderableColumn.setEscapeContent(false), it works! But the problem
is PropertyTreeColumn does not support any escape setting method, and that's
the column I would like to disable the escape.