Hi Igor,All
I tried to use MarkupParser as u suggested
This is how my code looks
public IResourceStream getMarkupResourceStream(MarkupContainer container,
Class containerClass){
               IResourceStream rStream = new StringResourceStream(HTMLString);
                MarkupResourceStream resource = new
MarkupResourceStream(rStream);
                MarkupParser parser = new MarkupParser(resource);
                try {

                        parser.parse();
                } catch (Exception e) {
                         setRedirect(true);
                        setResponsePage(ParseError.class);
                }

                return rStream;
}

What is really weird is that though the the exception is caught in the catch
block, the program flow continues to "return rStream;"  statement and throws
the error on the console again. It doesnt go to the response page that i set
in the catch block.

I am not sure why this happens ?
Thanks
Haritha