Hi,

that is correct, Hippo CMS 7 should be ready for release in a few months
time.  It is a rewrite where the CMS itself is implemented in Wicket.

<plug shameless="true">

The repository is a JCR (JackRabbit) repository extended with workflow
and faceted navigation.  The CMS is composed as a set of plugins.  These
Wicket components can be configured and that can be dynamically swapped
in and out of the application.  We use this for example for the
templates.  Templates consist of a set of (template) plugins and a
configuration in the repository.  The template configuration can be
edited in the CMS itself!

</plug>

At the moment we're rethinking the architecture, so I can't give details
on how plugins are implemented or how they are linked together at
runtime.

cheers, Frank