right, use fragments for these small inline chunks, also because your
usecase is so simple: just a string, you can simply do

class aliasesmodel extends ldm {
  object load() {
    list aliases=getaliases();
    if (aliases.isempty()) { aliases.add(new alias("none")); }

then there is no need to toggle the none fragment to show up

-igor