you can pass in the id if you want, i prefer to work with objects...so

class entitymodel extends ldm {
  private final String cn;
  private final Serialializable id;

  public entitymodel(class cl, serializable id) { cn=cl.getName(); this.id=id; }
  public entitymodel(identifiable entity) {
cn=hibernateutils.unproxy(entity).getclass().getname();
id=entity.getid(); }
  public object load() { session.get(class.forname(cn), id); }
}

this is just more convinient, obviously identifiable is an interface
we use here internally.

-igor