im not that religious about this. i dont like to pass daos around or
have to look them up, not when i am using a central persistence tech
like hibernate/jpa. so i think of my entitymodel as a repository for a
single object :) you can give it the object or the class and id and it
knows how to load it. the need to create a loadable detachable model
for a persistent object is way too common to neglect such a
convenience. entitymodel encapsulates the lookup so nothing leaks, but
thats just me :)

-igor