That's not the point, but if you need a good reason how about this: I'm
using recaptcha (it generates a captcha on the page).  It works by
putting a script tag where you want it to show up.  When the page loads,
it puts a text input field and a bunch of hidden fields there.  You need
these hidden fields to tell the recaptcha server what it gave you so it
can compare it to what the user typed in.  Without them, it can't tell
you if the user entered things in correctly or not.