On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Dan Kaplan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I do use that.  This has nothing to do with ReCaptcha, this is a "How do
> I do x in Wicket" question that someone asked, "Why would you want to do
> that?" so I used ReCaptcha as an answer.

Ok, gotcha.  So, we're not talking about ReCaptcha anymore?  You just
want to know how you could have some JavaScript run onload that
displays input elements that are tied to Wicket components?  Why do
you need to use JavaScript?  Are you writing the JavaScript?

If I were going to go about this, I would perhaps try to do what
ImageMap does.  It creates components and adds them to itself.  Then
it calls getPage().componentRendered() so that Wicket knows that
they've already been rendered.  Then, your JavaScript needs to use the
ids that Wicket generates in the document.write().  Now this is
assuming that you have some control over the JavaScript (you need to
dynamically generate it, obviously).  As, Maurice pointed out, there
are better ways of doing this (using Velocity to generate the markup
would be easier IMHO if this is really what you want).