You can use PagingNavigation to page trough everything in the DB:
http://www.wicketstuff.org/wicket13/repeater/;jsessionid=1A8942B5B6C08E39348C4E8923DB32CB?wicket:bookmarkablePage=%3Aorg.apache.wicket.examples.repeater.PagingPage

That way you don't get everything from the database all the time.

Grtz,