I was trying to think of a use-case for that problem... Do you have a
specific use-case or is that just a potential issue you can think of?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Allan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 9:00 PM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: Thread safety for components

[...]

One possible problem - not affecting me yet, but just to be clear - no
access to the page lock (no official API) is provided for non-Wicket
threads.  So non-Wicket threads cannot generally access pages, components,
models, and so forth - not safely.  True?

When the core framework moves to 1.5, maybe the page locking can be
improved.  Maybe each Page could have its own standard Lock, and could
publish it as Page.lock().  Thread-safety of pages, components, models, and
so forth, could then be documented as "must hold Page.lock()".  Internal
code could check compliance, with: