I want to do something at the end of each request (basically save some
information into a cookie so I can more gracefully handle session
expiration).

I created my own WebRequestCycle subclass (see below) and want to use
onEndRequest(), but getPage() always returns null.

First, why is it null?  Second, is there a better way to do end-of-request
processing?

Thanks,

-Doug

public class BaseRequestCycle extends WebRequestCycle
{
    @Override
    protected void onEndRequest()
    {
        logger.debug("End of request: " + request.getPage());