I read both Wicket in Action (in its MEAP form) and Enjoying Web Development
with Wicket. And I think Wicket in Action is by far a much better book. On
certain points it goes a lot deeper than EWDWW.

Part of the beauty (and could be an issue for some) of Wicket is that it
gives you great freedom on how to implement your webapplication. If you are
looking to pick up some good patterns, I would recommend WIA.

you can grab it before it ships to the press at
http://www.manning.com/dashorst/

-hc