I remember that having more than one wildcard in an type expression seems to be inherently broken.

Usually you can rewrite something like

  void foo(Class<? extends Page<?>> pageClass)

into something like

  <X extends Page<?>> void foo(Class<X> pageClass)

I would bet this solves your problem :-)

However, nobody can explain why... :-(

Probably some lack of the generics specification, broken compiler, or whatever...

I would suggest to avoid more than one wildcard in one type expression in general and use above workaround.

Cheers
Peter