Thanks Jeremy, that definitely looks like the problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Thomerson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 6 June 2008 1:01 PM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: (Class<? extends Page<?>>) casting troubles

I haven't read the whole thread, but you should be fine as long as your
returned page class uses generics...

Here's what I use in one app, no warnings, no casts:

    @Override
    public Class<? extends Page<?>> getHomePage() {
        return Home.class;
    }

public class Home extends WebPage<Void> { }

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 9:05 PM, Rod Good <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Peter (and Martin and Larry).
>
> My issue was specifically with overriding
>
> Class<? extends Page<?>> getHomePage()
>
> from the Application class, when extending
AuthenticatedWebApplication.

> It looks the same as the problem below, but not quite...
>
> Is there an idiom for overriding getHomePage() in Wicket 1.4 ? I'm
> getting around it with a shocking cast, I'm sure others have run into
> the same problem.

Limited.