[x] Should be avoided, I prefer the way 1.3 works. Because sometimes I
still run into web servers like websphere 5.x that still depend on jdk 1.4
(also some tomcat 5.5 hosting sites).  The beauty of Wicket is its
simplicity and adding generics doesn't seem be worth the cost.  I like
generics but I get tons of warnings in Eclipse now about wicket generics
just from using components.  Please focus on making Wicket even more
concise, elegant, and easy to use...  seems like thats always where web
frameworks fail... they tack on so many features and abstract framework
requirements that it becomes a mess.

2) How strongly do you feel about your choice above?
   [x] I might rethink upgrading if my choice doesn't win.