On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Martin Makundi
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When I chain components, comboboxes and tables etc., I find myself
> repeatedly solving the same problem:
> * the parent component causes a data reload

if you chain your models properly (make child's model depend on
parent's model) this should work transparently.

> * the parent component causes an ajax refresh

if the parent component repaints itself then all child components are
repainted as well...

> Has someone found a generic eventlistener-like solution to this?

there is a patch in jira for a generic event/listener mechanism, but
it wont happen until 1.5 because it requires api breaks.

-igor