When you say "I always get redirected to the root of the webapp", do you
mean when first trying to access your app, you have to go via a redirect or
some such that takes you to "http://www.mysite.com/"; or similar?

The 'traditional' trick was to have an index.html that redirected to "app/"
as below - any uise?

<head>
</head>

/Gwyn