the reason we have not done this is that client side validation is
limited. also a lot of applications want a consistent look and feel
for javascript validation, which is not possible via a framework. what
we are going to do in 1.5 is allow ivalidator to also implement
ibehavior, this will allow a clean way of spitting out the javascript
from a validator, which is where it belongs.

for now we have a half-way solution which uses ajax and has the
advantages of having the same look and feel and being able to validate
server-side validation rules that cannot be validated on client alone.

-igor