Ok, just recreated the problem with a new app, but still clueless why
it happens.

My configuration is Netbeans 6.1 with Glassfish 2 UR2, Apache Wicket
1.3.4, Ubuntu Hardy.

File listing happens with -
http://localhost:8081/testproject/test/resources/me.squeeze.SqueezePage/blahblah
404 exception happens with (which is expected) -
http://localhost:8081/testproject/test/resources/me.squeeze.SqueezePage/blahblah.gif

blahblah.gif does not exist in this project, the name is arbitrary.

Here's the code:

***** WebApplication

package me.squeeze;

import org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WebApplication;

public class SqueezeApplication extends WebApplication {
    @Override
    protected void init() {
        super.init();
    }

    @Override
    public Class getHomePage() {
        return SqueezePage.class;

***** WebPage

package me.squeeze;

import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.WebPage;

public class SqueezePage extends WebPage {
    public SqueezePage() {
          super();

***** web.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app version="2.5" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd";>
    <filter>
        <filter-name>SqueezeApplication</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
            <param-value>me.squeeze.SqueezeApplication</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>SqueezeApplication</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/test/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>
    <session-config>
        <session-timeout>
            30
        </session-timeout>
    </session-config>
    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
        </welcome-file-list>
    </web-app>

***** HTML

  <head>
    <title></title>
  </head>
  l33t html page

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 7:34 PM, Leon Nieuwoudt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well that's the weird part ;)
>
> It's a new clean application, with one abstract WebPage class and a
> few subclasses.
>
> I'm pretty sure there's no code in wicket that will do this (neither
> in this new app), so right now I'm creating a new test project to
> determine where it goes skew.
>
> I'll confirm shortly with some code
>

> On 7/2/08, Igor Vaynberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> i dont think anything in wicket generates a directory listing. are you
>> sure it is wicket code?
>>
>> -igor
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Leon Nieuwoudt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>> Hey guys
>>>
>>> I've been following the wicket-users list for quite some time to
>>> evaluate the community and momentum, and just want to say "great job!"
>>> before I continue ;)
>>>
>>> Now the question... I'm starting to create a new real-world app, and
>>> something happened that a Resource sent a Glassfish folder file
>>> listing.
>>>
>>> The URL I typed (incorrectly) was -
>>> http://localhost:8081/realapp-web/console/resources/com.realapp.console.web.page.AbstractConsoleWebPage/nyi
>>>
>>> ... which gave me this ...