I've selenium tests running from maven here... basically it's easy to setup.

"Better Builds With Maven" suggests several ways to do functional tests, they'd prefer to put the functional "integration" tests in a separate module, but I had to keep them together in one module, so I followed the approach from Apache Shale, marking all selenium tests by putting them into a gui package.

Then I excluded this gui package for the test phase using:

       <plugin>
           <configuration>
               <excludes>
                   <exclude>**/gui/**</exclude>
               </excludes>
           </configuration>
       </plugin>

for my default builds

Finally I created a profile in my root pom like this one (http://host:port/context-root to be replaced with the url where the "to be tested app" is deployed, that's a system property I read in my selenium tests).

<profile>
           <id>guiTest</id>
           <build>
               <plugins>
                   <plugin>
                       <executions>
                           <execution>
                               <id>surefire-it</id>
                               <phase>integration-test</phase>
                               <goals>
                                   <goal>test</goal>
                               </goals>
                               <configuration>
                                   <excludes>
                                       <exclude>none</exclude>
                                   </excludes>
                                   <includes>
                                       <include>**/gui/**</include>
                                   </includes>
                                   <systemProperties>
                                       <property>
                                           <name>selenium.target.url</name>
<value>http://host:port/context-root</value>
                                       </property>
                                   </systemProperties>
                               </configuration>
                           </execution>
                       </executions>
                   </plugin>
                   <plugin>
                       <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                       <artifactId>selenium-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                       <executions>
                           <execution>
                               <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
                               <goals>
                                   <goal>start-server</goal>
                               </goals>
                               <configuration>
                                   <background>true</background>
                               </configuration>
                           </execution>
                       </executions>
</plugin> </plugins>
           </build>
       </profile>

So far I've not tried to integrate coverage reports, by merging e.g. the cobertura ser files, but that should be possible with some tricks, too.

Hope that helps,
Tom

Frank Bille schrieb:
no, I run them manually, from command line. I haven't got that thing set up,
though one of my colleagues have created something that integrated into
maven for work (I think).

We can see if selenium is the best fit for us, and then I can try to
integrate it into maven. It is doable, since we have them running at work.

Frank

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Martijn Dashorst <