I'm building a database driven application.

I've constructed LoadableDetachableModel for my entities, those LDMs then being presented in a Panel via a SortableDataProvider driven DefaultDataTable.

I'd like to automatically expose additional functionality or field visibility depending on the authorization level of the user (session). For example, editable fields for "admin" users.

At which point is it most appropriate to handle that? Should I somehow construct field(column) level models and encapsulate those in a higher- level model?

Has anyone done something similar or is there an example somewhere that I'm overlooking?

-David