then you should really look around so that you can use the hotcode/swap of
the jvm
Tomcat shouldnt rebuild/redeploy constantly on every change in development
thats quite annoying if you ask me

If you use eclipse and you want to use tomcat use the sysdeo plugin
else just use jetty (see our quickstart)

johan