On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, lesterburlap wrote:
> new ResourceModel("my.resource.key").getObject().toString();
> or
> getLocalizer().getString("my.resource.key", MyComponent.this);

Isn't the latter same as

  Component.getString("my.resource.key");

?

And ResourceModel can typically be used directly as the
model of the Label displaying the String

  add(new Label("foo", new ResourceModel("my.resource.key")));

> I've been using getLocalizer almost everywhere, and only using ResourceModel
> when I'm trying to get a property string during Component construction (to
> avoid those getLocalizer warnings).  But I'm not really sure if my reasoning
> is good...

I wouldn't think that there is any difference. If you are
worried about performance, try profiling the application.

Best wishes,
Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho