On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Erik van Oosten wrote:
> There is a big difference, the model variant will evaluate during the
> render phase. You can not use localization in the constructor of your

Well, this

  new ResourceModel("my.resource.key").getObject().toString();

will of course evaluate right away (and thus cannot be used
in a constructor), but as lesterburlap also came to think,
this is a really weird use of ResourceModel :) What you say
here

> component, you can however safely construct a ResourceModel (but not
> call getObject on it).

would be the "normal" way.

Best wishes,
Timo