Again, great work Stefan!

The basics already work fine, allowing me to keep a maintenance
friendly style of development while heavily optimizing frontend
performance.

The biggest isse now is the public API: I have to duplicate a lot of
information in the application and the page/component classes.
Eventually something like this could remove the duplication while
making it very easy to add new components and resources:

@HeaderContribution(
        scripts={"jquery.js", "Example.js"},
        stylesheets={"theme.js", "Example.css"}
)
public class Example {

        public Example() {
                HeaderContribution.addResources(this);

With something similar to wicketstuff-annotation in the Application#init method:
new AnnotatedResourcesMountScanner().scanPackage("my.package").mount(this);

A small issue, but still important: Please consider setting JDK 5 as
the goal for the project. JDK 6 is still unavailable on most OSX
installations and the one or two new methods aren't worth the trouble.
If you don't have plans to support JDK 1.4, it would be nice to
replace the various array-arguments with (generic)
varargs/collections.

Jörn