Is there an easy way to assert that all models are detached at the end of the
request?

It does not look so easy to check this as models do not have common base class
where one could register them for a check...

I often use an additional model in a component and store it as a member field; if I forgot to detach() this model in the onDetach() handler, I would have a "dangling" model. That caused me quite some trouble once and I want to avoid
it in the future.

Thanks,
Kaspar