Code is now available through wicketsuff:
https://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/trunk/wicketstuff-merged-resources/
wicketstuff-merged-resources  and
https://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/trunk/wicketstuff-merged-resources-examples/
wicketstuff-merged-resources-examples

Now I want to make it available through
http://wicketstuff.org/maven/repository/. I therefore registered at
wicketstuff.org/teamcity (sfussenegger). What's next?

Stefan Fußenegger wrote:

> I just finished the 4th and last entry of my series "Wicket Interface
> Speed-Up" on my blog. To give a short summary: I investigated one of my
> apps with YSlow and started optimizing it's interface rendering speed [1].
> Especially Wicket's way of handling resources, i.e. JS and CSS files,
> causes interfaces to load rather slowly. In my articles, I explain how to
> modify the cache interval [2], how to mount resources with a version (e.g.
> /css/all-1234.css) in order to use aggressive client-side caching (e.g.
> resources expire after a year) [3]. Finally, I show how to merge resources
> at application startup (using a class classed MergedResourceStream) to
> reduce the number of resources a client has to download [4], including
> code). I was able to increase interface loading times considerably, so
> it's surely worth a look.
>
> I feel that it would also be worth to discuss, whether this work could be
> part of upcoming Wicket versions. For the time being I'd like to make the
> code attached to [4] a wicketstuff project - sfussenegger needs commit
> access ;) - and wait for your feedback.
>
> The links:
> [1]
> http://talk-on-tech.blogspot.com/2008/08/wicket-interface-speed-up.html
> Wicket Interface Speed-Up
> [2]
> http://talk-on-tech.blogspot.com/2008/08/wicket-interface-speed-up-modifying.html
> Wicket Interface Speed-Up: Modifying Expires and Cache-Control Headers
> [3]
> http://talk-on-tech.blogspot.com/2008/08/wicket-interface-speed-up-caching.html
> Wicket Interface Speed-Up: Caching Resources Forever
> [4]
> http://talk-on-tech.blogspot.com/2008/08/wicket-interface-speed-up-merging.html
> Wicket Interface Speed-Up: Merging Resources for Fewer HTTP Requests

-----
-------
Stefan Fußenegger
http://talk-on-tech.blogspot.com // looking for a nicer domain ;)