Dean Murray wrote:
Hi,
I am new to Wicket and Tomcat and I am following a tutorial using Tomcat 6. I am doing a very simple Hello World application. I am trying to get Tomcat to display the exception message instead of the infamous The requested resource (/myApp/app) is not available Status 404 message when there is a problem in rendering the pages. In the tutorial I am following, the response page shows an exception message containing a WicketMessage describing the actual error which is entitled Unexpected RuntimeException. I have followed the author's steps but I don't get this nice exception message. Does anyone know if I am missing something in my configuration of Tomcat or in my deployment descriptor?

Thanks

Dean Murray

does this get you any further?
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Error+Pages+and+Feedback+Messages