Hello Guys,

I am trying to do something similar where i have a DataView (contained in a
webmarkupContainer) which shows the results of a search. The whole
implementation is ajax-based. Attached to the DataView is an IDataprovider
implementation which is responsible for fetching the data from the database.

Now i want to add this very feature, where in case of any Exception/Error in
the back-end processing  (which is invoked by the DataProvider) of the
search, I would want to add a feedback message on the same search-page,
without being taken to the internal-error-page. As suggested I can certainly
return an empty-list (from the IDataProvider.iterator()) or size=0 (from the
IDataProvider.size()) method which would still render the DataView
component, but i am not sure how to tranform or in other words transfer the
knowledge of this Exception to the Page itself.

One ugly hack could be to pass on the FeedbackMessage Label component to the
IDataProvider which based on the success/failure is populated with right
message, and re-render the feedback-panel on every ajax-response, but that
looks ugly, i dont want to couple the UI response to DataProvider which
ideally should work independently of it.

Please suggest..

Thanks and Regards,

Farhan.

i want to display a feedback message in case there is an error at the