Thanks for the followup....

I understand what you are saying, but what i am not able to figure out, is
the best way to communicate to the Search-Page THAT there was an EXCEPTION
in the IDataProvider.iterator() or IDataProvider.size() methods (which
contains all the back-end calls and is used/invoked by the DataView before
rendering), now as i said i can have an empty-list-iterator (from the
iterator method) returned if there is an Exception, but how to program the
Page ? for it to populate the corresponding error message in the
feedback-panel...

Thanks in advance.