Well, it's been a week since my original topic was hijacked for a discussion
on removing the wicket:id from XML output.

Returning to the original point, there has been no response to my idea of
organizing a meetup here in South Florida. Therefore, I declare myself to be
the Lone Wicketeer of SoFla! I will be meeting with myself at my favorite
local sports bar (Flanagans) on Friday night, where I will consume cheap
happy hour margaritas and discuss the finer points of Wicket internals with
any drunk who will listen to me.