we dont know that really if it is the respond step
And normally that getPage() isnt called in wicket when not in a Response
step

what you do is currently not supported by wicket
having an ajax behavior request to a stateless page (through a
BookmarkableListenerInterfaceRequestTarget)
so i guess the fix is in processEvents is not doing this:

else if (page == null)
            {
                page = getPage(requestCycle);
            }

but

else if (page == null)
            {
                page = newPage(getPageClass(), requestCycle);
            }

johan