You can use wicketopia's ProxyModelManager, if you want:

https://wicketopia.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicketopia/trunk/wicketopia/src/main/java/org/wicketopia/model/proxy/ProxyModelManager.java

This way, you bind your components to proxied models.  When you're
ready to really write the values into the real models, you can call
commit() on the manager and it'll take care of pushing the values from
the proxied models into the actual models.