thanks for your response.

but... why is this handled differently (trying to call some "ajax") than
requesting a regular page ? (like a bookmarkable page). i don't think wicket
internally uses cookies to redirect on continuetooriginaldestination. i
might be wrong.

i mean, if the user is on a page, i stop-restart the server, the user
requests a bookmarkable page, he won't be redirected to pageexpired but to
the login page where he logs in and then continuetooriginaldestination (the
page he requested). Works like a charm. I cannot have the same on any type
of call?

Maybe i'm asking a stupid question, but i'd like to understand :).

Thank you,
Cristi Manole