ohhhh, i figured wicket also keeps the page from where the ajax call was
initiated somewhere. that's why i thought i was just doing something wrong
that i didn't get anything useful in page expired. sorry, i should first
check wicket code before wasting somebody's time.

thank you very much, cookies [implemented by me] it is.