This is off-topic, but I figured there couldn't be a better pool of people
to ask.  I have several friends and family members that want to set up small
websites for their businesses or hobbies.  Of course, then they'll want to
customize them and make them look like this or like that.  And add a page,
and edit a page, etc.  You've probably been in the same spot - you're the
"computer guy" in the family - obviously I can't build them something custom
(we're talking free).  And I don't want to maintain it for them forever,
etc...

So - do you know of any good website packages out there?  I'm not even sure
what the right name would be.  But it would need to have these requirements:

   - Total non-technical control over adding and editing pages / content
   (wysiwyg)
   - Control looks by using themes that can be downloaded or maybe editing
   CSS
   - Possibly plugins for things like RSS feeds / contact pages / and/or
   e-commerce stores
   - Can be any language - I have a server to put it on, so I'm not adverse
   to PHP / Python / MySQL / etc...
   - Preferably I unzip a copy of it to a directory for them, give them
   access to the admin (maybe setup a MySQL DB for them), and I'm DONE!

I've even thought of trying to build this out of BRIX, but I'm not sure
that's the right answer, plus then there wouldn't be any plugins already
available.

Any tips?

--
Jeremy Thomerson