Hi Jeremy,

I believe Webnode (http://www.webnode.com/en/) may be what you're looking
for... It's far superior than Synthasite, which is already quite good. Both
are perfect tools for "almost static" sites as they support contact forms,
as well as a number of interactive widgets.

Both also offer professional quality, fully customizable templates, but
Webnode's are really beautiful and their CSS code is open.

Hope this helps,

Cristina