To get Apache 2.2 to proxy around Wicket, I have the following defined:

<IfDefine PROXY>
        ProxyPass                       /
http://localhost:8080/cware/
        ProxyPassReverse                /
http://localhost:8080/cware/
        ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain    localhost       .laccetti.com
        ProxyPassReverseCookiePath      /cware          /
</IfDefine>

Nothing special required in the web.xml, Tomcat doesn't know that it is
being proxied, etc.

HTH,

Mike