Yeah. First I actually didn't understand why until Igor pointed it out. I'm no longer using wicket-auth-roles, if one can live with the roles being defined along side the authorization code it works quite nicely (and with somewhat cleaner code). I ran into another issue however, trying to model how an ADMIN transitively is also a USER. Sadly the Sun compiler does not allow Enum forward referencing to itself, only the Eclipse compiler does.

/Casper

Ned Collyer wrote:
Interestingly we used a similar approach with using classes as pseudo enums.

Not being able to extend enums is a bit suckfull.

igor.vaynberg wrote:
the problem is that the enum would have to live *inside* the
wicketstuffauth code. so wicketstuffauth would be the library that
would need to define the enum - and it doesnt know about your
application specific roles. at least this was the issue when it was
first being designed. i havent really looked at it since than.

-igor