RTFS :)
If you look at any implementation, say
BookmarkablePageRequestTargetUrlCodingStrategy.decode, you'll see how
RequestParameters are turning in IRequestTarget, and encode does
opposite - IRequestTarget is turning in url.
You can set page a parameter (say "variation") from desired part of
url and override in your page class the method:
@Override
public String getVariation()
{
  return getPageParameters().getAsString("variation");
}

It's just thoughts, I never tried it myself. :)

2008/12/2 Mathias P.W Nilsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Ok
>
> Is there any topic on UrlRewriteFilter and Wicket. I still need to set
> variation and locale even when I use UrlRewriteFilter.

WBR, kan.