Start tomcat using catalina jpda start :)

   1. Open the startup script in (your_tomcat_home)/bin (WIN: startup.bat,
   UNIX: startup.sh)
   2. Add the following lines at the first blank line in the file
   WINDOWS:
   set JPDA_ADDRESS=8000
   set JPDA_TRANSPORT=dt_socket

   UNIX:
   export JPDA_ADDRESS=8000
   export JPDA_TRANSPORT=dt_socket
   3. Change the execute line at the end to include *jpda start
   *WINDOWS:
   call "%EXECUTABLE%" jpda start %CMD_LINE_ARGS%

   UNIX:
   exec "$PRGDIR"/"$EXECUTABLE" jpda start "$@"
   4. Deploy your application as you normally do
   5. Add a new Remote Java Application in your Debug Configurations in
   Eclipse and click on "Debug"

Cheers
Hbiloo