On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Valentine2008
<valentine...@alumni.sfu.ca> wrote:

> I created a reusable component, PanelWithAjaxBusyIndicatingMask, which
> extends Panel.
>
> The functions it has:
>
> It will add a transparent mask layer to the current page to prevent further
> UI interactivity when there are any busy Ajax activities.
>
> The mask layer will have an animation gif and a configurable display text
> (the default is: Please wait…).
>
> Both the display text and the animation gif file are configurable in the
> constructors.
>
> I am proposing it to the Wicket developers. Hope they will incorporate it
> into the next release.

It seems like the mechanism of "blur" that happens to background
openign the modal window.

Anyway, it would be great to share the code using wicket stuff, I
think is a better way for some reason: component is immediately
available, many people can use it to provide feedback and let the
component grow, so eventually it can become a standard wicket
component.

getting commit accesso for wicket stuff is not complicated, I guess
some project in wicket-stuff can "host" your component.

--
Daniele Dellafiore
http://blog.ildella.net/