Actually I haven't used the c:import tag, so i am not sure what problems are
you referring to ? Is it what I mentioned earlier that since it would be a
separate request, the request-parameters would not be part of it ? but even
that can be resolved right ? i mean we can manually stream these incoming
request parameters/cookies with the new request..

As for the session sharing issue, I so far have been able to work something
out in that regard. Actually its not trivial to move the presentation layer
into wicket since (1) its implement in a non-java platform (i.e. mod_plsq)
and would not be as simple as moving a jsp (2) it is too huge an app to
moved over that easily.

Commenting a bit on iFrame. I Initially was more inclined towards using
iFrame but then the problem lies with the lag which could be come in between
the section loaded through iFrame, which would not look good at all,
especially if that section is header/menu/footer, and i am not sure if their
is a remedy to this very complain people have from iFrame.

Thanks and Regards,

Farhan.