mfs wrote:

> Eric,
>
> Thanks for the follow-up.
>
> Actually i just came across the
> http://wicket.sourceforge.net/apidocs/wicket/markup/html/include/Include.html
> Include  component in Wicket which i believe does the same as you
> suggested to implement...i.e. opens up a new http-connection to the
> server/url from where the contents are to be embedded...Isn't it ?
>
> Secondly since this would mean a separate request would be opened for
> contents to be included, and hence wouldn't be carrying the request
> parameters, cookies etc. Which i would have to figure out a way to
> pass-on/embed manually.

Include uses a URL connection to get the data. You might want to try and
writing a similar component that uses the httpclient library. Or cast the
connection from URL#openConnection to HttpConnection and use the methods
there for adding headers. I think the only major challenge will be if the
old application is using cookies since you'd need to manage them yourself.

Ittay